Friday 18 March 2016

How it all started?















It was July 8th, 2013 in Toronto, and that day we had 90 millimetres of rain within an hour and a half at the airport and it was the storm ranked among the most intense rainfalls the city has ever seen. By midnight, Pearson airport had officially seen 126 mm, a single - day record for Toronto. It was a bit of a surprise for Torontonians, because The Environment Canada hasn’t issued any warning until the storm had begun. Hydro One said about 300,000 people in the west end of the Greater Toronto Area were without power due to “significant flooding” at two transmission stations.



I was among 300K people without electricity, roughly about 40 hours. I was surrounded in the apartment with the edge of technology such as Desktop PC, Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone, LED TV, CD/Radio Boombox, but none of them was a battery operated device. What a feeling! Since that day I’ve become involved in the world of the radio enthusiasts. I’ve decided to buy some decent small radio and I did not know much about shortwave, just thought that I need to buy a radio that has a MW and FM waves, and everything will be great. But when I discovered SW then it’s all changed my opinion about the radios. My first radio that I bought was Tecsun DR-9020, which I don’t own anymore. But I have learned a lot from this radio. That’s how it all started, the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment